We hope that you will be 100% satisfied with your purchase from My Carpet Shop, however, should this not be the case please follow our guidelines below. We will always endeavor to resolve any issues quickly and efficiently.
PLEASE INSPECT YOUR NEW FLOORING THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO INSTALLING. WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY RETURNS OR ISSUE ANY REFUNDS ONCE A PRODUCT HAS BEEN CUT IN TO OR PACKS HAVE BEEN OPENED!
General Return Guidance
- The customer will be responsible for the carriage to return any product(s) back to our warehouse. Original delivery cost is non-refundable. If the product is being returned due to a fault a replacement will be delivered free of charge.
- If you wish to arrange a return please contact us to obtain a returns reference number within 14 days of receiving your order. Products will not be accepted at our warehouse if they do not display a valid returns reference number. Please attach photographs or any faults.
- Our warehouse address is Unit 13, Plawsworth Road, Sacriston Industrial Estate, County Durham , DH7 6TQ.
- The products remain the responsibility of the customer until received back to our warehouse.
- Please ensure that the item is well wrapped to avoid damage during transit. If packaging is required we can send this out to you.
- Collection is from the nearest kerbside of the property. The driver may need assistance loading if the collection item is heavy (over 25kg). If the item is not wrapped or you are unable to bring it out to the kerbside at the time of collection then the collection may not be completed.
- Upon arrival into our warehouse the item/s will be thoroughly inspected to ensure no damage in transit has occurred. Please note that if further damage outside of the faults reported in the original returns request is found then this may result in further deductions off the total value refunded back to you.
- Your refund will then be processed in accordance with the manufacturers re-stocking charges where applicable. These vary between 10 – 50% . Please contact us to see if your manufacturer accepts returns and what the restocking charges are.
14-day cooling-off period:
You have 14 days to decide whether you want to keep your product or not. If for some reason you decide to cancel your contract with us and return your product for a refund, you are fully within your rights to do so under Distance Selling Regulation 2000 details of these regulations can be found at https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses. Your 14-day cooling-off period begins the day after you receive our order acceptance email. Any refunds due will be processed as quickly as possible, within 14 days of your cancellation notice.
Please Note – CARPETS / VINYLS / ARTIFICIAL GRASS or other specifically cut to size materials are treated as bespoke items and therefore we are unable to accept any returns. As the product has been made or cut for you specifically, your statutory rights by law to cancel do not apply.
Damaged / Faulty Items
If any product is found to damaged or faulty a full replacement or refund will be made.
Please follow our general return guidelines above to return the products to our warehouse. Upon arrival into our warehouse the product(s) will be thoroughly inspected and a refund or replacement will be arranged. The cost of return will also be refunded.
I’ve Changed My Mind
Once an order has been placed you have up to 24 hours to cancel the order regardless of the contents. After this time period bespoke items can only be returned where they are damaged or faulty. Items not considered as bespoke can be returned in full, sealed packs by following our general return guidelines above.
If you’re left with any spare, complete packs of non-bespoke items after installation you can return these to us within 14 days from date of delivery. This includes laminate flooring, carpet tiles, luxury vinyl tiles, wood flooring etc. These must be returned completely unopened, in their original condition and packaging following our general returns guidelines above. Your refund will be processed in accordance with the manufacturers re-stocking charges, which vary between 10 – 50%. Please contact us to see if your manufacturer accepts returns and what the restocking charges are.